Post-processing techniques are really important in order to make the overall appeal of your images supreme. This is really significant in the case of the commercial field since good quality images are the first thing that attracts potential buyers when it comes to business. In order to highlight the product photos of most business enterprises, the professionals will suggest any of the best clipping path service options. This will make your product image pop by eliminating or changing its background.
Currently, one of the raging business options is the online clothing stores. In this case, the best post-processing service employed is the ghost mannequin effect. Using mannequins to display your products is an age-old technique that is used in the textile field. However, mannequins may be distracting at times and hence, entrepreneurs prefer to use ghost mannequins in which the mannequins are eliminated by using image editing tools.
This will make the product image look more consistent and professional, and thereby, the ghost mannequin service will increase the appeal of your products as well as your business. Below is a step-by-step guide that will help you nail the ghost mannequin effect. Note that it is better to rely on professional photo editing services to do the task if it is for your business purposes since they have better expertise of the same.
- The first step is to open your file and foam board image in your desirable photo editing software. Here, we will see how it is done in Adobe Photoshop.
Create a New Background Layer for your product photo and fill the layer with the white color. Note that this will be your final background and the white color will make it easier for you to keep things organized.
- In order to select the product image alone, there are many editing tools in Photoshop such as the Lasso tool, Magic Wand, or Quick Selection. After choosing your desired tool, zoom in and make the selection carefully.
- After selecting the product, refine your mask well by removing the mannequin and background so that the mask is tight and nice. For this, go to the Select menu and click on the Refine Edge Now, you can see your product image floating on the white background that you created.
- Now, repeat the same steps on your foam board product image. With this step, you can see the inside back of your product photo making the ghost mannequin effect realistic.
- Drag the mask from this foam board image to your product photo and then make necessary adjustments so that the foam board image fits perfects behind your ghost mannequin image.
- Remove unnecessary parts of the final image and add shadows as required. When done, save the image in the required format.